Finance Budget & Planning Manager Vacancy at Workforce Group
Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria.;
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Budget & Planning Manager
Duration: Contract (6 months – renewable)
- Preparation of timely and complete budget financials in conformity with US GAAP accounting requirements for consolidation and regulatory purposes.
- Design of budget templates and standard worksheets for use by budget owners in budget and rolling forecast submissions.
- Provide continuous support to Budget Owners in the preparation of their divisional budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly finance calendar for book-keeping and payment run
- Perform assigned tasks during the monthly accrual process to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of financial transactions.
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations in line with SAP processes and procedures.
- Review and analyze assigned account lines, balances and variances. Ensure all discrepancies and wrong postings are followed up and corrected promptly.
- Provide assistance with relevant schedules and reconciliations during statutory audits.
- Compare actual to budgeted results (monthly and YTD) at the end of each reporting period, and report on significant variances.
- Provide assistance during the monthly transmission of actual financial data and timely submission of all applicable reporting schedules.
- Active involvement in the SAP project to ensure a smooth transition.
- Review proposed budget submissions from Budget Owners for accuracy and completeness.
- Consolidation of various budget and rolling forecast inputs towards producing the budget financial statements.
- Budget training for all budget coordinators/owners on use of budget templates, dissemination of new information regarding any changes in cost code and cost centre structures.
- Provide support in managing budget timetable to ensure strict compliance with due dates.
- Provide first line review of non-commercial budget expenditures for the purpose of ensuring proper and accurate posting of expenditures to correct line items and that budget owners do not exceed budget on any line items.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc analyses and calculations while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all forecast.
- Carry out other special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- 5-7 years of varied experience in budgeting, planning and accounting. An equivalent combination of education and experience would also be considered.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) would be an advantage.
- Ability to think logically in analysing and solving problems.
- Ability to perform mathematical tasks rapidly and accurately.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with SAP would be an asset.
- Proven experience using MS Excel, including using advanced formulas.
- General ledger, month-end close and bookkeeping experience.
- Broad knowledge of A/R and A/P practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward their CV’s to: email@example.com Kindly indicate “Finance Budget & Planning Manager” as subject of the mail.
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted