Sahara Group Job for a Graduate Trainee – Database Analyst
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment. We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate IT Trainee – Database Analyst
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- An important element of our HR Strategy is to support Sahara Group’s Strategy on sustainability by developing leadership and management capacity throughout the organization.
- To perform frequent, repeatable operational reporting, testing and technical maintenance activities in order to support the Business continues without interruption and negative impact on service delivery.
- The GITT Database Analyst employs creative imagination, modeling and information engineering to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible.The GIT analyst also debugs the system and ensures that it is error-free.
- Trainees will be appointed to a role and will be expected to deliver all the job expectations for that position. They will receive ‘on the job’ training and their performance monitoring will include the setting of performance objectives against which their performance will be monitored.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns Good working
- knowledge of Oracle EDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
- Protects database by developing access system; specifying user level of access.
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with application testing integration
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements; conferring with others on project team.
- Creates and maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum Second Class Upper). Not limited to only Computer Science or related Science and Engineering degrees.
- 0-2 years post-NYSC Experience
- Experience building and integrating applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Maximum age of 25 years by December 2017
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced,& dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate should have poise & finesse.Candidate must be assertive.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge of current technologies
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group Human Resources
- Line Manager
- All staff
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply