Finance and Accounts Manager Job in an NGO in Nigeria
A Non-governmental organization aimed at promoting Security, Justice and Development in Africa, established in 1994 and secured observer status with the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights in 1998 is desirous to recruit a competent professional to head the finance department as the Finance and Accounts Manager.
The person in this position will manage the financial affairs of the organization by performing the following functions:
- Ensures validity of invoices by comparing to quotes and/or securing approval from person ordering the goods or services.
- Assigns proper account code to the invoice and enters the invoice into the accounting system.
- Reconciles account statements.
- Invoices individuals and organizations for goods and services provided by PRAWA.
- Monitors outstanding receivables.
- Creates receipts for donations and grants.
- Prepares monthly staff payroll schedule and consultants fee by reviewing timesheets and computing the amount due
- Responds to authorized payroll inquires, including workers’ compensation and verifications of employment.
- Prepares deposits and enters into the accounting system.
- Reconciles all bank and investment accounts.
- Creates investment reports.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Coordinates the annual budget preparation and ensures the implementation complies with approved organizational financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) financial statements and financial analysis for the Executive Director, Executive Committee, and/or Board of Directors.
- Prepares grant expense reports, as required by donors and PRAWA’s financial policies
- Prepares the budget sections of all grant applications.
- Requests and monitors grant payments.
- Tracks grant expenses by line item so that organization expends all grant funds properly.
- Assists in preparation of all necessary documents for the annual audit.
- Works with the auditors during the audit process.
- Maintains office equipment inventory/Fixed assets register.
- Minimum of a HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with a professional accounting qualification such as ICAN/ANAN/ACCA/CIMA.
- Minimumof6yearsprofessionalaccountingexperiencedemonstratingincreasinglyresponsible financial management experience preferably in an international development organization/Non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with managing donor funded programs particularly with those that are EU/DFID/USAID/IDRC funded
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience demonstrating mastery of computerized accounting systems, especially Quick Books Premier and/or Enterprise
- Ability to communicate financial and accounting information to the Board, Management and to Donors.
- Strong Organizational skills,detail-oriented and sensitive to confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office–Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and spoken English
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits is offered
How to Apply
Only candidates who are selected will be contacted for an interview.