Solidarites International Job for an Administrative Coordinator Assistant
Solidarites International – For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator Assistant, Finance
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Administrative coordinator Assistant – Finance supports the administrative coordinator in processing SI’s financial management on a mission.
- He/she is one of those charged with ensuring that SI rules and procedures regarding commitment and follow up of expenses are followed at the base level as well as at the coordination level.
- He/she offers administrative support to administrators and teams on all matters relating to finance and administrative purpose
List of Principal Activities
- Participate in training the administrative teams
- Ensure that mission Administrative assistant, accountants and cashier are trained
- Train and supervise Financial team of coordination
- Support Log/Admin Base manager regarding financial part of their Job.
- Do regular field visits on the different bases
Financial and Budgetary Management:
- Carry out preliminary budgetary controls, consolidation of monthly Budget follow up to be forwarded to the administrator and regularised
- Check the monthly projects budget follow ups according to Solidarités format
- Consolidate, update and check the Allocation boards
- Consolidate, update and check the Allocation boards
Management of the Mission’s Accounting:
- Ensure that lease contract sums due are paid and distribute the burden of costs
- Check with the HR department that the personnel database is complete and up-to-date
- Allocate invoices for expenses from/for other missions (inter-mission expenses)
- Centralize the accounting for different bases within SAGA
- Verify the accounting for the different bases (description, accounting codes, analytical codes, monthly exchange rate)
- Carry out the required accounting changes if necessary (reallocations etc.)
- Integrate the exchange rates sent by the headquarters into SAGA every month
- Monitor the monthly allocation of Paris costs incurred by the headquarters within SAGA
- Send SAGA to bases following monthly integration at the headquarters
- Monitor voucher creation at bases level and the monthly return of base documents to the coordinating level
- Verify vouchers and other accounting documents to be sent to the headquarters every 6 months
- Supervise the semi-annual analytic closure and the annual accounting closure with the administrative team, under the supervision of the administrative coordinator or his/her deputy (expenditure incurred, analytical and budgetary allocation, leave balances, donations in kind, equipment assets etc.)
- Carry out a systematic monthly check of advances from each cash box (matched and unmatched)
- Carry out transaction matching at a mission level
- Carry out physical checks of supporting documents received from the bases
- Check cash box inventories and bank reconciliations for each Balzac
- Ensure that the monthly accounting documents are compiled and sent to the headquarters: accounting board, DATA salary, cash box inventories, bank reconciliations, HOMERE backup)
Administrative Human Resource Management:
- With support of HR Deputy Coordinator , Verify and carry out salary monthly payment
- Register salary in relevant Balzac (VXX)
- With support of HR Deputy Coordinator Ensure that Salaries taxes are paid to the authorities
Administrative Management of the Mission:
- Support Administrative Coordinator to negotiate and draw up partnership contracts with local partners and ensure that they are followed and complied with SI and Donors regulation
- Supervise paper and digital record-keeping, as well as ensuring the security of administrative documents and accounting documents
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of accounting archives to headquarters after internal inspection
- Manage the cash flows between Coordination and Bases, and ensure that bases receive supplies
- Ensure that the cash box and coffers are well kept and that funds are secure at all bases.
- To prepare 3 months cash flow forecast for the mission to Admin Co to validate for headquarters
- Monitor the security of funds and propose improvement of the internal cash transfer process at mission level to the Administrative Coordinator.
- To compile weekly cash flow forecast from the bases and manage in collaboration with Admin Co and Accounting Supervisor to transfer cash to the bases
- Compile and monitor cash flow forecasts and forward them to Line Manager
Legal Follow Up:
- Follow the evolution of the national laws and policies
- Prepare and control the tax on salaries payment (NSIF, pension Fund …) in coordination with the HR Coordinator deputy
- Prepare monthly WHT calculation and Payment
- Ensure that declarations and payments of taxes and contributions are made to the relevant organizations/Authorities
- In conjunction with the administrative coordinator, monitor whether accounting documents are consistent with interim and final financial reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at the national level. Carry out constant judicial monitoring, keep up-to-date with local employment laws, check information collected with law firms and insert it into Solidarités International’s documentation
- Prepare and assist with audits or possible inspections
Org Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships):
- Line manager: Administrative coordinator
- Line report(s): N/A
- Functional manager: N/A
- Functional report(s): Administrators
- Training/education: Finance/ Accounting/Business Management / Administrative management diploma
- Languages: English compulsory
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position. (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Finance related skills: accounting, tax calculation, administrative management, Finance management related local authorities networking
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, SAGA or other accounting software is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) by email to: email@example.com
Send to Solidarités International Office at:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo Ground,
Borno State for the attention of: Julie Cassan, HR Coordinator.
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.
Application Deadline 19th June, 2017.