Category Management Head Job in an E-commerce Company
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client is a leading e-commerce player in Africa with a mission to relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment and provide consumers with the widest range of genuine products at low prices. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Category Management
- They are currently looking for a Head of Category Management to primarily manage and coordinate the work of the category management team. Interacting with all the departments and the top management, the category manager is playing a key role within the company, driving performance, leading commercial planning and delivering state data driven analysis.
- Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation and the responsibility of the category’s P&L, the Head of Category Management will bring an exceptional growth for the sales value, volume, the margin and the conversion rate.
- She / He will be responsible for the decisions she / he makes and will monitor her / his performance.
Our Client Offers
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds.
- Are you versatile and cool under pressure with great Leadership abilities? Does your “can do” attitude prevail over a fast-paced work environment? We are on the look-out for you.
- Managing a team of Category Managers and Merchandizers.
- Delivering growth on your categories, leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing direction, feedback and support to the commercial team.
- Ensuring the company always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right position.
- Owning the merchandising of the company’s website, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of their strategy.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools.
- Understanding all your market segments, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance of your categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities.
- A significant experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be plus).
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Fast learner.
- Well organized.
- Resistant to stress.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Strong analytical and data management skill.
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply