Current Jobs in Lagos at O3 Athletics Foundation
O3 Athletics Foundation, is a non-governmental organization that engages Nigerian youth and gives them an opportunity to build a career in athletics. We are a team of coaches, trainers, physiotherapists, psychologists and project managers, working together to continuously produce World and Olympics champions by leveraging on a structured grassroots scouting network, dedicated nurturing, and early exposure to international competitions.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Marketing Consultant – Volunteer
- We are looking for a passionate Marketing Consultant who’ll provide strategic and practical advice to boost our company’s marketing efforts.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and knowledgeable in everyday marketing activities.
- We want to see excellent communicators, with lots of enthusiasm, who’re ready to make a difference.
- Study company profile and operations to understand its marketing needs
- Conduct marketing research to identify industry trends and commercial opportunities
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy according to objectives and budget
- Prepare detailed proposals and marketing plans
- Advise on branding, positioning, communications and other marketing issues
- Give direction to marketing efforts with the most effective methods and tools
- Liaise with marketing department and external vendors
- Monitor marketing projects and analyze results
- Write reports with suggestions for improvements and new ideas
- Proven experience as marketing consultant or similar role
- Knowledge of data analysis and market research
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
- Proficient in MS Office/Working knowledge of IT and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Apt in writing proposals and reports
- Communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- B.Sc/BA in Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant field
- Age: 26-30
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, with experience planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other members where necessary
- Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Planning multiple events at once
Job Skills and Requirements
- Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event coordinators need to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
- Age: 25-30
- We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BSc degree in Film studies, Cinematography or related field
- Support the Foundation with the provision of responsive in-house legal advice on contract law matters, undertaking legal reviews of contracts and other commercial agreements with Clients and Sponsors as necessary, and acting as an interface between the legal function and other business units.
- Provision of in-house legal guidance on contract and commercial terms and conditions and generally as required to support the business
- Contract management for the company including monitoring and administering contract execution, including maintaining all necessary registers and records management guidance, and supporting any wider integration of records management systems
- Management of contractual surety arrangements for the company, including maintaining all necessary registers
- Efficient and effective operation and any development of the legal function
- Supporting the insurance function with its interface with the business
- Management of any external advisers
- Support in monitoring and advising on legal compliance, including regulatory licenses monitoring and maintaining awareness on ethics and compliance
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Qualified Lawyer
- Good technical knowledge of contract law
- Age: 27-32
- Gender: Female
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to manage workloads and changing priorities
- Solution driven
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with passport photograph to:
Application Deadline 30th June , 2017.