Jumia Nigeria Job for an Accounts Receivable Associate
Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Associate
- We are sourcing for an exceptional Accounts Receivable Associate who will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating the accounting functions for assigned accounts.
- In this role, the Accounts Receivable Associate processes customer invoices, researches accounting issues, collects on receivables and reconciles customer accounts.
- Ensure correct postings of all customer invoices and subsequent receipts and applications in the ERP System
- Ensure that AR customers’ requests (invoices, credit notes, reviews, etc.) are promptly carried out.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations of all relevant accounts are completed accurately and timely; all open and unreconciled items properly identified, researched and closed timely.
- Ensure tax compliance on all AR transactions is achieved.
- Assist both in monthly finance close and the yearly Financial audit.
- Provide support for all other accounting projects as necessary from time to time.
- Ensure that all AR Customers information are accurately maintained and updated on the ERP.
- Ensure periodic review of all AR GL Entries are carried-out to ensure accurate postings of transactions.
- Ensure periodic reports to support all entries posted in the ERP are promptly generated, analyzed and acted on as required
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant should possess B.Sc. or HND in Accounting
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales, supply chain, order fulfilment
- Must be fully certified (ICAN) accountant or in the final stage of professional exams.
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable and B2B collections
- Must have experience with Inventory Accounts Receivable, Consumer Packaged Goods Experience preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply