Incident Management Coordinator at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Incident Management Coordinator
Division: Information Systems
Core Purpose of the Job
- Proactively detect and prevent future incidents/problems and initiate a Known Error sub-process to allow quicker diagnosis and resolution.
- Coordinate, standardise and supervise all enterprise systems major incidents and problems management activities within MTNN IS department to best practice standards.
- Assemble and maintain problem history records; prepare statistics and trend reports for use in review of the problem management process
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the processes, procedures and policies required service operations, systems development and for meeting customer needs.
- Monitor the process of escalating unresolved incidents to appropriate authority or professionals in compliance with agreed PPPs’.
- Prepare and present reliable trend analysis to help determine focus areas and develop proactive approaches to faults management.
- Periodic review of Incident management Policies, processes and procedures and other related documents
- Log, track, and monitor issues / incidents to ensure resolution in a timely manner with the least impact on operations.
- Monitor the effectiveness and quality of IT/IS teams performance against set standards.
- Measure and report on IT/ IS teams performance on periodic basis
- Developing, implementing, and managing operational standards and escalation procedures to ensure service levels are maintained at a consistent level.
- Identify best practices in incident management through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Compile reports on SLA targets, number and types of requests/incidents, while communicating findings to management and responding to further requests for data or analysis.
- Ensure the compliance of knowledge management and data capture processes in regards to incident management activities.
- Manage all operational issues arising from the handling of the incidents reported to the Service Desk.
- Manage feedback from customers and be able to carry out service recovery with the customers if required.
- Communicate to senior management and customers and keep them updated on incident status
- Manage mass announcements, if any relating to incidents etc.
- Drive availability of all Enterprise systems in MTN Nigeria
- Coordinate, convene and facilitate major incident and problem review meetings
- Develop faults/problem trend analysis and prepare service improvement plans to address identified gaps
- Ensure every reoccurring problem has a problem ticket for proper tracking and root cause analysis.
- Drive major incident resolution within stipulated timeframe and ensure problem records are logged, tracked and Root cause Analysis determined.
- Management of KEDB (Known Error Database)
- Manage customer expectations as well as achieve customer satisfaction.
- Initiate and coordinate communication process and procedures with end-users usually at high-level.
- Develop innovations for training end-users on self-help tips necessary for first level resolution of end user problems
- Managing the first line support team’s relationship with other lines in the support value chain
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or an IT equivalent Degree
- Foundation Certificate in ITIL v3 – IT Service Management
- Practitioner in ITIL Service Operations will be an added advantage.
- MCSE or MCDS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT End User support service delivery
- Minimum 2 years on a supervisory level
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client Operating system – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 etc.
- Experience supporting basic end user applications such as MS Office, IE 6-9, MS Exchange Server 2003, 2007 & 2010, Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Networking and network protocols including TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Microsoft SQL and other relational databases, Broadband and Internet technologies, thin and fat client technologies.
- Project management Experience
- Experience dealing with change management issues
- Experience working with a range of Service providers
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, in IT Service Management.
- Customer management training/experience.
- Training in IT support/operations
- Solid understanding and technical expertise in a broad range application and technical architecture components (applications/OS, database, network)
- Project Management methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of ITSM Software preferable BMC Remedy
- People Management Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.