Ongoing recruitment at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations, which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium (MC) works to improve lives in Africa and Asia through sustainable, evidence-based programmes that combat targeted diseases and promote child and maternal health.
Malaria Consortium has recently been awarded funding from Givewell Foundation to implement seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) in three countries, including Nigeria. The funds will support SMC implementation in selected LGAs in Jigawa and Katsina states as a follow on to previous SMC campaigns funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and DFID. Approved by WHO in 2012, SMC is the monthly administration of a combination sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine and amodiaquine (SP+AQ) to children aged 3-59 months during the malaria transmission season to prevent or reduce the effects malaria. Evidence suggests that SMC given monthly prevents approximately 75% of all malaria episodes.
Malaria Consortium is currently looking to recruit candidates for the role below in the Givewell SMC project:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
- The Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing general administration and logistics support to the Project coordinator and field base project staff for efficient project management in Abuja.
- The officer will also provide support such as report writing, procurement support, bid analysis and vendor commissioning.
- Interested persons must have a degree in Administration, Social/Natural Sciences or related field and about 3 -5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in office administration or Human resources management.
- The ideal candidate should display attention to detail, also, knowledge of the Nigerian Health system structure will be an advantage.
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the project.
- S/he will lead the project team on implementation of activities ensuring consistency with the overall project performance framework, and in line with Malaria Consortium’s core values.
- S/he will also be responsible for delivery and achievements of the project goal and objectives.
- Interested persons must have a medical degree and about 7 – 10 years’ experience post medical school.
- The candidate should also have 3 – 5 years’ experience in project management, preference would be in health projects management.
- Significant operational and supply chain management experience in a developing country and experience in project, budget and financial management is necessary for this role
Locations: Katsina, Jigawa
- The Logistics Assistant/Officer will be responsible for providing logistics support to the state Project office.
- S/he will also support distribution of commodities and maintain effective relationships with service providers across the state offices.
- Interested candidates should have a degree in Public Health, Supply Chain, M&E or related field and at least 3-5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in logistics or operations.
- Excellent knowledge in the use of Microsoft tools is essential for this role.
Location: Jigawa, Katsina
- The State Coordinator will be in-charge of implementation of the Givewell SMC project in the 4 LGAs in Katsina and 2 LGAs in the Jigawa states respectively.
- S/he will provide leadership, management support oversight and coordination to the state team in Jigawa/Katsina and will represent Malaria Consortium at SMC coordination meetings at the state levels
- Interested persons must have a postgraduate/ Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Management Policy, Epidemiology or any other relevant field.
- Candidates should also have at least 6-8 years’ working experience at both state and national levels.
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing; monitoring & evaluation techniques as well as project planning, budgeting, management and established leadership/team leading skills are required for this role.
Location: Jigawa, Katsina
- The Officer will provide cashier functions and accounting services including maintaining proper financial records of all transactions in accordance with Malaria Consortium’s financial procedures to the respective field office.
- Candidate should have a HND or Bachelors in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance team, with at least one year of this in an Accounts Officer role.
- Knowledge of donor funded financial reporting systems and high proficiency in Microsoft office tools especially excel is an added advantage.
Location: Katsina, Jigawa
- The Demand Creation Officers will contribute to the development and review of the project social and behaviour change communication plan; with direct responsibility for implementation of advocacy, social mobilisation, programme communication, monitoring and evaluation activities in support of the project at the State, LGA and community level
- Candidates must have a degree in Communication, Public Health or other relevant fields and a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in social and community mobilization, public health and advocacy.
- Experience collaborating with Ministry of Health and/or State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) in the northern states is a plus.
- Also, fluency in English and Hausa languages as well as experience working in culturally challenging environments is compulsory for this role.
The appointment term will be for a renewable period of up to 24 months, with an initial 6 months’ probationary period.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Application Deadline 10th July 2017.