Coffey International Job for a Gender and Social Inclusion Lead
Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Lead
Job No: 495364
Work type: Contract
Duration: 4 years
Categories: International development
- Coffey, in partnership with McKinsey, is looking for a Gender and Social Inclusion Lead for the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF III)
- NIAF III is a four year DFID-funded programme starting in 2018. Building on the success of the two earlier phases of the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (2007-2016), NIAF III will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- The core team will be based in Abuja, with travel to other Nigerian states as necessary.
- Ensure pro-poor and gender issues are considered early on in prioritising activities, and develop rigorous approach to monitoring how NIAF impacts on women and poor people
- Coordinate with and support the Monitoring, Reporting and Learning (MRL) Lead in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems
- Develop the data collection and analysis tools for the baseline assessment to guarantee gender and social inclusion considerations
- Ensure and strengthen the use of evidence in selection of NIAF activities and presentation of NIAF results
- Establish a monitoring framework for the poverty impacts
- Establish a process for screening interventions for opportunities to include pro-poor, gender and social inclusion work
- University Degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Development or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working on gender and social inclusion issues within development programs, preferably with DFID or other donors
- Knowledge and experience working with DFID
- Experience building capacity of local stakeholders on gender and social inclusion issues
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organisational skills
- Experience engaging local stakeholders, including national government leaders in gender and social inclusion initiatives
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Prior experience in Nigeria
- Excellent knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in Nigeria including social, political, and cultural gender norms and challenges.
- Experience designing, leading and conducting gender and social inclusion analyses, as well as integrating and implementing findings into programme design
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply