Save the Children recruitment for Logistics Officers
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Scope of Role
- To manage and support logistics, including the office vehicle [fleet], assets, properties and an efficient procurement system to ensure transparency and accountability for SCI Nigeria.
- Manage travel arrangements, including transport and hotel bookings.
- Liaise with the HR organization unit to ensure coordination of functions when official visitors are expected
Transport and Fleet Management:
- Manage drivers’ team.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular reports.
- Monitor markets on vehicle rentals as per SCI security and safety standards.
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles.
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
TIM and Asset & Facility Management:
- Enter all new items purchased in SCI TIM software and ensure reconciling with Assets register.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on rented premises, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Manage and maintain Asset and Inventory list for SC Nigeria leased property. Ensure assets are numbered correctly.
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain Asset Condition reports.
Procurement and Supply:
- Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up and maintain record of supplies. Ensure that the items bought match the request, are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement under taken.
- Produce monthly logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Ensure proper documentation that allows quick and efficient release of goods from the warehouse/s.
- Monitor generator maintenance/repairs and ensure at any given time, the tracker is up to date.
- Ensure monthly reports shared with AOM and head of Logistics and as well produce monthly Logistics KPIs.
- To train the drivers, other logistics staff on all SCI procurement processes, assets management, transport systems.
- Supervise and ensure all Logistics protocols are followed within the field office and LGAs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc/HND in any related discipline
- Practical experience in working HF and VHF radios.
- Commitment to SCI child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity, gender policies and humanitarian principles
- Knowledge of the Zamfara state terrain and specifically the WINNN/CDGP/CEFM programme
- Good experience in: purchasing, clearing and forwarding, Warehousing, vehicle management, administration.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills, Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy
- Experience in Logistics Management.
- Logistics training or qualification an added advantage
- Basic working knowledge of local language
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the urgency to fill this position applications will be assessed as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted