Accounting Job at Marriott International Ikeja, Lagos
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 17001047
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Position Type: Management
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients/departments as they work with and understand these processes.
- Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution.
- Works with other Finance and Accounting employees in areas relating to general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and related reporting.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Makes collections calls if necessary.
- Demonstrates personal integrity.
- Uses effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
Core Work Activities
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies:
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Balances credit card ledgers.
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals:
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Completes period end function each period.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge:
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
- Local Nigerian Nationals are preferred for the position.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply