Save the Children Job for Entry Level Human Resource Officers
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The purpose of the assignment is to provide professional administrative HR support to Save the Children’s programme team based in Abuja.
- The HR Assistant will provide administrative support for the effective implementation of the HR function in Abuja. S/he will liaise with the other departments within the CountryOffice and the Field Offices to ensure agreed action regarding HR is taken, and provide adequate feedback to the team.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for maintaining personnel filing system in both soft and hard for HR/Admin department
- Responsible for maintaining all recruitment documentation in line with SCI guideline
- Track probation and prepare confirmation letters
- Responsible for collection of timesheets; file and track as appropriate.
- Register new Staff for Health and Grouplife Insurance Cover
- Reconcile backlog of staff NHF deductions and remittance to FMBN since inception
- Assist the HR Officer with arranging for interviews
- Follow-up with Country Office and Field HR focal persons on recruitment documents
Skills and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – First degree in any Social Sciences course or its equivalent
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with diary management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply