Marketing Manager Vacancy at Vodafone Nigeria
Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Ref: 0706/COMM/MAR/NIG
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- To ensure that the key deliverables in the marketing plan are achieved on time and budget, whilst developing new initiatives to support the overall brand strategy and assist the business to achieve its marketing objectives.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director, candidate will be responsible for delivery of the marketing plan predominantly in Nigeria, but also involve in the coordination of activities with Vodacom Business Group Africa.As the first point of contact for marketing, will coordinate marketing activities mainly in Vodacom Business Nigeria.
Core marketing areas include,
- Brand Management
- Event and sponsorship management and promotions
- Product Marketing and Sales Support
- Sector specific marketing targeting key African industries
- Database management and optimisation
- Online promotions and e-marketing, web design and SEO.
- Digital Media campaign
- Advertising/PR in Nigerian and African media
- External and Internal Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes:
- The responsibilities of this role will include planning and implementing marketing campaigns via a number of media platforms, including direct marketing activity, events and email promotions.
- Candidate will work closely with the media and specific trade titles to maximise coverage.
- Candidate will be expected to deliver joint marketing campaigns with multinational corporations, developing partnerships and joint promotions.
- He/she will also be expected to drive traffic to the website, generating sales leads by using innovative design ideas and Search Engine Optimisation.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal customers include regional Managing Directors, Sales Managers and the Exco.
- External agencies to manage, include marketing agencies, public relations in UK and Africa, promotions companies, international industry publications / trade journals and print and collateral suppliers.
- Building and managing project timelines and budgets, a focus on delivery and seeing assignments through to completion are personal key attributes required.
- This role is a wide ranging and high profile one, so the candidate will therefore have a proven track record in business marketing, external communications or/and website design and management.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in B2B direct marketing, have a strong commercial grounding and possess excellent organisational skills.
- Building and managing project timelines and budgets with a focus on delivery and seeing assignments through to completion are personal key attributes required.
- Candidate will be fully IT literate, with knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and have highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Also Strong communication, sales presentation, management and leadership skills; goal-oriented, strong budgeting and ability to be creative under pressure with knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms will be required
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration from a reputable university.
- Experience in Telecoms or technology sector required
- A marketing qualification (e.g. CIM) would be an advantage
- Minimum yearspost NYSC working experience with Management/Supervisory experience essential.
Job Related Skills:
- Have a strong customer facing presence.
- Well-developed Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Be well organised, structured and be able to drive and oversee multi-discipline projects across many companies and organisations.
- Be able to communicate across all levels within the organisations.
- Good influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
Behavioural Competency Requirements:
- Formulating marketing strategies and Concepts
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Deciding and Initiating Action
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply