Vodafone Job for a Proactive Management Officer
Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proactive Management Officer – Network Monitoring
Job Ref: 0707/CRM/OPS/NIG
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Job holder is required to monitor the network in a bid to minimize service impact to customers and reduce MTTR on faults to the barest minimal.
- Monitor alarms and performance information on 24×7 basis as operated by the shift systems
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring, logging and first troubleshooting of all events on the core and access network.
- Incident Management across the functions of the CSOC
- Providing feedback and reports to customer on Incidents through the lifecycle of the incident
- Providing information and update to Vodacom Management through the lifecycle of incidents
- Escalation of faults exceeding respective Mean Time To Restore (MTTR)
- Periodic Reporting on Vendor and Supplier performance
- Perform First-Level, professional troubleshooting support
- Supporting resolution of incidents with other resolver teams and Vendors
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: All staff
- External: Customers and Vendors/Providers.
- Other Business Units: All Departments
- The job holder must have a Good University Degree/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields
- Good knowledge of SLA metrics and measurements,
- Proficiency in the use of Ticketing Platform-Sage Pastel Evolution
- Proficiency in the troubleshooting of Routing protocols such as OPSF, BGP, MPLS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & Powerpoint)
- A minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience in a similar Network Operations environment.
- Possession of CCNA is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use monitoring tools e.g. NMS, Cacti, Azotel, Nagios, Entuity, Cambridge VNMS, SAF,NEC & Ceragon NMSs
- Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent customer relation,
- Clients management skills
- Strong facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Good team player
- Network troubleshooting skills in Hardware, Switching and Routing
- Excellent communication skills. Both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply