Stakeholder Democracy Network Job
Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse. SDN has five pillar issues, these are: Access to energy, democratisation, environment, resilient communities and resources governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Conflict and Stabilisation Programme Team Lead
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To lead, coordinate and support the development and implementation of a 2-year Conflict and Stabilization Programme in the Niger Delta region.
- This role mill require the individual to take lull responsibility for file completion and success of the programme and ensure its adherence to SDN’s Planning. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) system and donor requirements.
The Team Lead will ensure the strategic direction of the SDN project, focusing on management, supervision and quality control of the full cycle of programming from formulation to project delivery and reporting achieving the following results:
- Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting and implementing of the programme, tracking use of financial resources end timely achievements of programming objectives;
- Setting up milestones and targets for the programme and constant monitoring and programme quality control, in collaboration with SON’s Programme Management team: and constant monitoring and analysis of the environment, making recommendations for readjustments on a monthly and quarterly basis.
The below responsibilities include specific tasks for each stage of the project as well as on-going management tasks:
Project design and early Implementation:
- Lead on the strategic and operational planning process in the Nigeria office and prepare drafts of key strategic and operational planning documents, in close cooperation with senior SDN management
On-going management tasks:
- Direct and supervise the programme staff in day.to-day operations of projects. in accordance with the project M&E operational plan, providing any necessary support and mentoring to ensure smooth, timely and effective implementation of project activates.
Reporting and communication:
- Supervise preparation of work plans, timesheets and activity budgets to each project/activity and staff member
Assessment of candidates will be based on proven experience and capacity with evidence of the following or equivalent experience as follows:
- Post graduate degree in Social Sciences or related field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme management in peace building, development; and/or related fields including democracy and governance issues
- Donor reporting experience
- Proven ability to negotiate multiple relationships with various stakeholders and local partners
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a brief Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae to “Daniel Bob-Manuel, Admin Officer, SDN via: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Conflict and Stabilisation Programme Team Lead” in the subject line
Note: Applications will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2017.