Jobs at International Rescue Committee for Consultants
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Service for the Provision of Capacity Building for Staff
- The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries.
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa and Borno States.
- The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, as well as reproductive health care and women protection services In 2015 IRC Nigeria developed a five-year long term Strategy Action Plan, which prioritized Safety, Education, Economic Wellbeing and Power
- The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
About the Consultancy Service
- The International Rescue Committee is currently expanding its operations and with the changing dynamics on talent management and work force planning, there is an urgent need to consistently build the capacity of staff to equip them with the necessary life skills and basic knowledge they need to comfortably execute their roles and responsibilities.
- The consultancy service aims to provide dedicated capacity building opportunities to all staff in line with the training needs identified during an organizational wide conducted training need assessment.
Scope of the work and duration of the consultancy service:
- This Part of IRC Human Capital Strategy for building highly capable and highly accountable staff and developing exceptional leaders and Managers.
The capacity building blocks are as following:
- Project Management
- Report Writing skills
- Emotional Intelligence and Life skills
- Leadership and Team Management
- Conflict Management.
- Basic English Language Skills for effective communication
- Communication and Facilitation skills
- ICT /Excel training:
The time and duration shall be determine in line with respective training needs and objective as shall be articulated by the International Rescue Committee. The trainings will be delivered in Maiduguri and Mubi field offices
- The consultant will prepare a training plan including objective, training methodology for each respective training block. This will be reviewed and agreed by the Training Focal Person of IRC or his designate and the consultant.
Profile of consultant:
- Must be a member of a professional body, such as the Nigerian Institute of Management , Chartered Institute of Personnel Management , NIPR or any recognized professional body
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have prior experience and adaptive to different cultures
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in providing capacity building services
- Include references of previous work
- The terms of payment shall be discussed at the initial stage prior to starting the consultation.
- The payments will be made in form of cheques/or direct bank transfer in the name of the consultant or firm named in the contract. IRC will deduct with-holding tax at source as per the rules of taxation governing IRC operations and it will be deposited directly to custodian of such tax. No other benefits shall be admissible beyond what is stipulated in the contract, nor does it guarantee a regular position in IRC.
- All the outputs – Reports, data base, etc. produced from this assignment will not be disseminated in part or whole without express authority, in writing from IRC.
- Thus the consultant shall not produce these materials in any form (electronic, hard copies, etc.) to a third party without a written permission from IRC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should read and strictly follow the detailed Terms of Reference and submit both technical and financial proposals (that include the duration for each building block). The proposals should be sent to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org . Please indicate “Consultancy service for the Provision of Capacity Building for Staff” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 27th July, 2017.