Latest Jobs at Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University – The Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP), was established over 25 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. We area Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the U.S.
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to work for the position below:
Job Title: Social Mobilization Officer
- The Social Mobilization Officer will provide technical support to the state project team in the process of planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization activities.
- S/he is expected to work in close collaboration with the Commutiity Mobilizers, LGA Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees and the State HC3 Team to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to family planning.
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with HC3’s State Coordinator, Senior Technical Advisor-. Social Mobilization and Deputy Director Eamily Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under.the HC3 Family Project implementing govemment-led initiatives.
- Support the HC3 M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, vilIage heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on familyplanning and availability of services
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 FP & Malaria project efforts as assigned
- This position will supervise the state Community level personnel (Community Mobilisers, Local GovernmentArea Mobilisers etc.).
- The position reports to the Sokoto State HC3 Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelors degree with at least 3-5 years work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in family planning or any reproductive health programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills;- and- ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant Sokoto state and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa.
- Experience in proyiding administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully ins cross-cultural, team-based environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Applicants should Email their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions exactly below to apply:
Your Cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience pd language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills. Scoring: 1 = Elementary skills, 2 = Limited working proficiency, 3 = General * Professional proficiency, 4 = Advanced Professional proficiency, 5 = Functional Native proficiency
Language Oral (Score of 15) – Written (Score of 15)
English = 3 = 4
Hausa = 2 = 5
- CV and cover letter PDF file name be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the Position title “HC3 Nigeria Sokoto State Social Mobilization Officer”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- Any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review
- Language skills will be tested during interview for shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2017.