Jobs in an FMCG Company for Procurement Officers
Afordonz Consulting Limited – Our client an FMCG company is seeking to recruit an experienced candidate to join a team of professionals in driving a double-digit growth through an ambitious and exciting period in the company’s history in the capacity below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing the sourcing strategy and tactical plans for indirect spend
- Category. Procurement managed by this position are those identified as strategic, business critical, and/or having significant leverage opportunity.
- Develop, execute, and track group strategy and policies for one or more merchandise category leveraging the identified value handle.
- Collaborate with the business to define category needs and specifications
- Manage and direct the strategic sourcing efforts (sourcing calendar)
- Perform value analysis and total cost of ownership analytical activities
- Coordinate strategic sourcing activities with stakeholders for sourced categories, including preparing category sourcing results and sourcing step details
- and summaries
- Provide Stakeholders’ department with spend savings analysis across categories for forecasting and budgeting purposes
- Prepare periodic stakeholder activities alignment and category planning materials
- Coordinate with Stakeholder and Legal department on contract negotiations
- Report on contracting activity
- Complete the collection, analysis, and reporting of category spend and savings data monthly
- Conduct the development of sourcing strategies, industry and supplier research, bidding, supplier selection, and contract negotiations
- Developed excellent customer database and maintain good customer relation
- Organize purchasing orders and requests for purchase orders of goods and materials
- Contact suppliers with a request for purchase
- Review the company inventory to see what needs to be purchased
- Order necessary company products and supplies
- Monitor income deliveries against purchased goods to make sure there is no discrepancy
- Track orders
- Manage orders that were never purchased, never delivered or damaged upon arrival
- Communicate with accounts receivable and accounts payable to make outstanding are settled promptly.
- Create and maintain any reports to document material traffic
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least four years of relevant strategic sourcing experience
- Prior management experience
- Understanding of cost savings approaches
- Established strategic sourcing skills, including documentation and communication of strategy
- Networking and team skills
- Strategically oriented
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Project management experience
- Procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge, specifically with multiple retail, merchandise specific category sourcing expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to successfully address large supplier relationships
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their detailed & recent CV’s to: email@example.com Use the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Application Deadline: 27th July, 2017.