Vacancies at Decor & Rainbow Limited
Decor & Rainbow has been formed by Michael Banjo CEO of UK based creative agency Decor Group (Decor Fusion & Decor Cribs). Decor & Rainbow is a Lagos based company and is a distinctive creative resource to Nigeria based clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CAD Technician
- Responsible for designing product using computer-aided design software application such as auto cad, pro/engineer and solid works.
- Design products, creates and test prototypes and oversees other drafters.
- Also CAD is the primary way in which drafter develop plan, drawings and sketches using Autocad software, created by autodesk, drafters prepare a visual depiction of a product to be constructed.
- Production construction workers, including engineers, surveyors, architects and scientists, use CAD images to create plans to build and manufacture everything from building to spacecraft.CAD drafters also have a working knowledge of traditional drafting method.
- Design frameworks for a project.
- Analyze design and build business/technical solution that deliver the client goal.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Estimate time and costs required to complete project.
- Code and test soft ware.
- Define create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards
- Create drawings both 2 and 3 dimensional form.
- Design floor plans, elevations, and realistic rendering with the help of software.
Job Title: Graphics Designer
- Graphic designers should be able to create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers.
- They develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports.
Graphic designers should be able do the following:
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Tutor Students on how to use the Computer Softwares.
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Create designs either by hand or using computer software packages
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients or the art director
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- The graphic designer will be working per-time, but schedules can vary depending on workload and deadlines.
- He / She may need to adjust their workday to meet with clients (students) in the evenings or on weekends.
- In addition, they may spend some of their time looking for new projects or competing with other designers for contracts.
Education and Training
- Graphic designers need a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic design or a related field is preferable.
- Candidates for graphic design positions should demonstrate their creativity and originality through a professional portfolio that features their best designs.
- Graphic designers must be able to look at their work from the point of view of their consumers and examine how the designs they develop will be perceived by the consumer to ensure they convey the client’s desired message.
- Graphic designers must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers. They produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program.
- Graphic designers must communicate with clients, customers, and other designers to ensure that their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
- Most graphic designers use specialized graphic design software to prepare their designs.
- Graphic designers must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers. They develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning on behalf of their clients.
- Graphic designers often work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org