Latest Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Economic and Social Recovery Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Coordinating and implementing of Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery Project For the Lake Chad-(RESILAC) activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and project partners.
Key Activities in your Role will include:
- Ensure the functioning and coordination of the national RESILAC program unit in Nigeria.
- Ensure Nigeria national Project Unit contribution to the regional Project strategy.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership of the project team.
- Support the implementation and ensure reporting of the project.
- Ensuring Quality and Accountability of the RESILAC Program.
Does this Description Fit You?
- You have an advanced University Degree (Master’s) preferably in Project Management Development (a priority), Advocacy or Humanitarian Studies, International Relations or Political Science.
- You have a professional experience of minimum 5 years in coordinating and managing development activities (a priority) or humanitarian activities in a complex environment.
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger appropriately with a range of national counterparts and have ability to effectively interact with government counterparts, local organizations, civil society, and private sector.
- You have professional experience in supervision of multicultural technical teams and management of and in a consortium will be given positive consideration. You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (EU/AFD).
- You can collaborate with the AAH advocacy department and develop & implement a community acceptance advocacy strategy keeping in line with project strategy.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- You are a Fluent English and French speaker.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canidates should:
Click here to apply