American University of Nigeria recruitment for Teachers
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking suitably and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: KG-3 Teacher
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Academy Elementary
Summary of Position
- The position is responsible for developing and implementing work schemes and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the school stage, which meets the curriculum program according to guidelines established by the board policies and administrative regulations.
- These duties involve organizing and developing the lesson plans that meet standard requirements of the School and also using appropriate learning materials and equipment that reflect the accommodations for assessed student learning styles.
- The KG 3 Teacher shall provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth, enabling students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Nigerian Certificate in Education conferred by colleges of education with minimum of three years teaching experience in a kindergarten school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned, curriculum and instruction with the ability to instruct and manage students.
- Ability to create classroom environment conducive, to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 22nd August, 2017.