Job in a Reputable Law Firm for an Assistant Librarian
Enroyale Global Services Limited – Our client, a reputable Law firm is recruiting to fill the position below.
Job Title: Assistant Librarian
- The librarian is primarily responsible for providing references and research to internal and external customers, government officials, attorneys, scholars, corporate staffs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services and provide information about library policies to users.
- Provides instruction and guidance for use of library catalogue, legal databases, legal research methodology and procedures.
- Responds to in-library, phone, mail, email and live-chat reference questions.
- Develops and maintains pathfinders, bibliographic resources and research guides.
- Manage the acquisition of new books in the library as well as input new data into the inventory
- Selects, develop, catalogue ad classify library resources according to their genre.
- Performs both immediate reference and in-depth research; refers users to other resources as appropriate.
- Directs users to requested publications; assists users with both print and electronic resources.
- Ensure that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users ( eg lawyers, administrators, public)
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a librarian
- A professional and kept appearance
- High degree of attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to respond to work load responsibilities in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to transcribe information to and from texts and computer screens
- Ability to operate standard office and library equipment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and written with clients and internal colleagues
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Applicant must be resident in Abuja
Application Deadline: 28th August, 2017.