Recruitment for Quality Engineers in an Engineering Firm
Workforce Group – Our client, a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Engineer
- We are looking for a Quality Engineer to oversee the quality assurance aspect of a major project.
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analyzing data for decision support.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- Improve and maintain plant RFT score to 85% and above.
- Reduce and maintain plant Warranty and BIS to 15,000PPM and below.
- Reduce any quality disruption to production.
- Procure replacement parts for to mitigate production disruptions.
- Some technical knowledge for repairs of failed gensets.
Requirements and Skills
- A University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical/Electrical/Materials and Metallurgical Engineering or a related course.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement Skills
- Product Or Service Familiarization
- Quality System Development, Implementation and Verification Skills.
- Solid years of Experience as a Quality Engineer or Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer.
- Excellent Verbal and Oral Communication Skills
- Vpi (Value Package Introduction).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com The Subject of the mail should be “Quality Engineer”.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017.