Office Manager in Lagos for Drudge Consulting Ltd
Drudge Consulting Limited is a fully indigenous firm of Management Consultants providing Advisory, Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Tax Advisory and Outsourcing services to both government and private organizations.
Drudge Consulting is one of the world’s leading professional services companies that helps organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We work hard and stay committed to unimaginative ways of delivering quality in our services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Job Functions: Accounting/Auditing Administrative Human Resources
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Manage online and paper filing systems
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
- Record office expenditure and manage the budget
- Organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Organise and chair meetings with staff – in lower paid roles this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, but senior managers usually have an administrative assistant to do this
- Oversee the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
- Ensure adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
- Carry out staff appraisals, manage performance and discipline staff
- Delegate work to staff and manage their workload and output
- Promote staff development and training
- Implement and promote equality and diversity policy
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they’re observed
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- Attend conferences and training
- Manage social media for your organisation
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in :
- Accounting, Finance or any other related degrees
- Business Administration/Business Management
- Computing and Information Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Public Administration
Application Closing Date