Communications Specialist at Maryland Global Initiatives
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Coordination Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the central coordination point for onsite communications;
- Ensure that communications and messaging are accessible and effective in language and design;
- Support and improve internal communication vehicles e.g. Notice boards, newsletters, presentations, company website, Site branding events etc.
- Work closely with management and Programs lead and act as a strategic “bridge” between them and the UMB-CIHEB Nigeria Management team;
- Communicate to different Technical leads to seek feedback on issues related to the project activities as and when required;
- Develop a comprehensive set of communication tools and materials for the project to enhance exchange and flows of information with peers and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and maintain regular liaison with the Communication Wing of the UMB-CIHEB Country Office in preparing, sharing and publishing project news events and updates on CIHEB Communication channels;
- Assist in developing various knowledge products and publication materials to facilitate and promote knowledge building and knowledge sharing within projects and key stakeholders;
- Regularly monitor the local and International media and compile any major news stories or development related to the activities of projects for necessary circulation among the project leads.
- Provide Support for maintaining photographic documentation and audio-visual library of various project events including meetings, seminars and workshops
- Support in preparation on various TWG meetings for the Country Director to aid effectiveness issues;
- Take notes of different meetings and prepare initial drafts of the meeting notes.
- Correspond and coordinate with the key project leads on matters relation to project issues.
- Provide substantive research inputs to the UMB-CIHEB team on aid effectiveness and coordination issues, as and when required;
- Assist with communication campaigns and UMB-CIHEB’s communications/campaign initiatives;
- General Administrative duties associated with site communications.
- Education: BA in Mass Communications, Law or Public Administration, Media Arts, Theatre Arts, Journalism or any other relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the field above will an added advantage.
- Six Years of relevant experience in communication, donor relation/coordination and managing development programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Editing Skills
- Excellent IT skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any graphic design package.
- Capability to prioritize work and act on one’s own initiative.
- Analytical skills/ Report writing/Organization of information.
- preparing briefs/information pieces.
- High Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Strong collaboration & team skills
- Ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Certification in any applicable Communication professional body is desirable but not required
- Required to work across various projects
- Must be able to work with very SHORT timelines that may require unplanned travels and long work hours
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV’s and a comprehensive Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.