Chartered Institute of Administration NYSC, Pre-service & I.T Internship Program
The Chartered Institute of Administration is a professional and examining body established in 1987 and Chartered by Federal Government Act No.103 of 1992 – Now an Act of the National Assembly, Cap C7 Laws of The Federation of Nigeria, 2004. The Act empowers the institute to, among other things; regulate the Training, and practice of, Administration in Nigeria within a professional membership framework.
We recognize that our continued success as a Professional body depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. As a result of this, we are recruiting to fill the below position:
Title: NYSC, Pre-service & I.T Internship
Reporting to: Supervisor
Function: As applicable to requesting unit
Introduction of the Job
- The CIA internship program offers students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria the opportunity to gain work experience and providing students the opportunity to work directly with inspiring and experienced professionals.
- The insights and skills gained by the end of the programme would be invaluable for future careers to the following category of applicants:
- Students undergoing the mandatory SIWES (Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme) program (Industrial Trainee).
- Graduates who have completed their Higher National Diploma programs for Polytechnics, Colleges of Education & Bachelor Degree for university institutions .and are awaiting NYSC deployment (Pre-service).
- Corp members currently undergoing their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Purpose of the Job
- To learn new skills and add to their knowledge base while gaining confidence in their abilities.
- To offer the opportunity to work with someone who can become a mentor for you – not only in the internship but throughout their career.
- To learn about a career field from the inside and decide if this is the right career field for them.
- To offer the opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills.
- To gain industry knowledge first hand from the organization and professionals.
- To gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to their resume.
- To provide evidence that they have initiative, are reliable, and have a sense of responsibility.
- To apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world.
- This section requires the top five accountabilities for business success.This is not a listing of tasks but a grouping of tasks to determine outcomes required from the tasks.
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs):
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Knowledge of computer application softwares
Overall Job Performance
Demonstrate (Key competencies):
- This section requires an overview of the education, experience, and skills required to do the job at a satisfactory level. It is not a list of the jobholder’s qualification.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- OND CGPA ( 2.50 minimum)/B.Sc(2.2 minimum)/ HND(Upper Credit minimum).
- WAEC (Minimum 6 B’s & C’s).
- Little or no work experience.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their hardcopy CV and handwritten Cover Letter with 2 recent passport photograph to: The Head Office No 78 Old Ojo Road, Kuje Amuwo, Off Badagry Expressway, Lagos State. Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship cover letters should state the duration of the internship. Preference will be given to applicants living within the axis of Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area (Festac Town, Mile 2, Agboju, Alakija, Satellite, etc)