University of Mkar, Mkar Jobs in Nigeria for a Bursar
University of Mkar, Mkar, a rapidly growing Private Christian University located in Benue State, Nigeria is looking for a God fearing (preferably a Clergy) visionary, enterprising, self-motivated, goal driven, experienced and competent individual with proven integrity and track record of performance for appointment to the post of:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the finances of the University.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only commencing from the effective date of his/her appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment but Council may extend his/her tenure for a further period not exceeding one year, based on performance.
- Candidates must possess a good University degree, HND or its equivalent from a recognized institution plus professional certification by a reputable accounting body, preferably ICAN, ANAN or ACCA.
- In addition, candidates must be ICT compliant and demonstrate ability to formulate and implement financial policies, produce manual of University financial procedures, offer sound financial advice as well as exhibit resourcefulness in revenue generation.
- Applicants, who should not be above 60 years of age must have had at least fifteen (15) years post graduate experience, seven (7) of which must be in a University or comparable institution.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service are as applicable to Bursars of Nigerian Universities, save as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications made in 20 copies and be accompanied by the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, specifying the following:
- Full names of the candidate,
- Marital status,
- Educational attainment,
- Work experience,
- Professional and academic achievements,
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidate should contact to forward confidential report on him/her to the Registrar.