Associate Director – Clinical Services at APIN
APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director – Clinical Services
Directorate: Clinical Services
- The job holder will work with the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) to maintain a high level of expertise and innovation in the delivery of pediatrics and adult antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- This is necessary to accelerate progress toward the attainment of PEPFAR Nigeria program goals.
- This includes the provision of support to HIV treatment facilities to achieve epidemic control in high-burden “scale-up” local government areas (LGAs) by reaching the UNAIDS’ 90-90-90 goal.
- S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for program sustainability.
- Support the development of evidence-based strategies in line with national guidelines and donor priority for the attainment of UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal, including the implementation of national “test and start” strategy to improve linkage to treatment in all LGAs, uninterrupted ART services for PLHIV, differentiated models of care and treatment, medication adherence support and scheduled monitoring in order to retain them on treatment and ensure treatment success, and TB/HIV activities to address TB disease among PLHIV
- Provide support to the DCS for the management of the program-wide Clinical Services team
- Identify program-wide capacity building needs as this relates to the Clinical Services Directorate and support capacity building efforts
- Provide technical guidance for the delivery of antiretroviral therapy in line with national guidelines and international best practices
- Ensure that training materials, SOPs and tools for ART service delivery are up-to-date
- Work with the DCS, other team members and relevant units/directorates to support identification of priority areas for evaluation in order to improve program implementation
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and support documentation of best practices as well as enhance knowledge sharing
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Team, between the APIN Program Office, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
Qualifications and Experience
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent), a postgraduate fellowship in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment program.
- Experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programs would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Technical Officer – Clinical Services (Lagos).
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.