Head, Corporate Planning at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our Client is one of the leading Banks in Nigeria, driven by innovation and operating on the most advanced banking technology platform in the market. They offer a full range of banking products and services in retail, business and corporate banking segments.
Job Title: Head, Corporate Planning
Reference Number: 130-PEO00769
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The job holder will be responsible for coordinating the articulation, development, implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s overall corporate, business lines and functional strategies in collaboration with top management and other key stakeholders:
- Facilitates the enterprise strategy planning process and coordinate the articulation and monitoring of the enterprise strategy.
- Provides overall guidance and leadership in the planning and execution of the Corporate Planning Division’s work programs and deliverables.
- Liaises with key stakeholders to develop detailed market/functional strategies.
- Identify, analyse, monitor and execute corporate development initiatives/ tactics that enhance growth and efficiency within the bank.
- Oversees the collation and analysis of operational data, market and customer indices, micro and macro environmental factors/indices, industry trends and competitor data for effective business planning and management.
- Facilitates and oversees the integration of financial information, customer knowledge, trends and strategy for the purpose of forecasting revenue and cost trends of the business.
- Supervises continual analysis of internal and external environmental factors influencing the business.
- Provides results of analysis to management as premise for defining organizational strategic goals & objectives and identifying new business growth opportunities.
- Tracks corporate and functional performance vis-à-vis defined performance targets and report variations.
- Leads the hunt for and identification of expansion and new markets opportunities within and outside Nigeria. The includes conducting valuation and feasibility studies of target businesses locations.
- Monitors local and global macro – environment, regulatory, industry trends and developments and distill insights for the Bank.
- Oversees development of economic models and scenarios to aid management decision making.
- Monitors market and competitor activities, industry developments and dynamics.
- Ensures continuous and timely research, collation, analysis and storage of relevant economic, market and statistical indices for utilization by Executive Management to aid effective decision making.
- Provides support to the Executive Management on strategic and regulatory issues on an ongoing basis.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial services industry
- Excellent understanding of financial statement analysis and reporting
- Strong business analytical and strategic planning skills
- High proficiency in use of IT-based business tools
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- High moral and ethical values
- Good oral communication and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Negotiation skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class lower (2.2)
- An MBA from a top business school and other business-related post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage
- 12 – 15 years’ relevant experience in strategy, corporate planning and development or corporate finance with at least three (3) years at middle management/supervisory level.
- International Exposure and experience will be beneficial
- Previous experience in management consulting or prior corporate strategy background will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the SSA and Nigeria financial services industry, trends and key drivers
- Strong understanding of corporate development practices, including portfolio evaluation, business development, new market entry and growth strategies.
- Good knowledge of global economic dynamics including trends and key drivers of change.
- Ability to effectively relate to and influence Executive Management and Board.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online