Civil Engineer at a Real Estate and Property Development Compan
HRLeverage – Our client a real estate and property development company in Apapa area of Lagos, is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
- We seek to recruit Civil Engineer to perform professional civil engineering duties including the planning, designing and inspection of construction and/or maintenance of structures and facilities.
- Oversee the review, examination and approval/disapproval of complex and diversified engineering data such as plan designing, specifications, contracts, bids, etc. for a section of a department by analyzing technical documents for conformance to applicable rules, regulations, codes, laws, policies or procedures.
- Conduct studies and surveys by assembling and evaluating engineering data for the development and maintenance of construction and other projects or programs.
- Negotiate contracts for engineering services and prepare drafts including fees, hours to be worked and scope of work to be covered.
- Resolve problems regarding quality of work performed by contractors and interpretation of specifications of work to be performed.
- Prepare technical specifications for civil engineering projects such as building or highway construction and maintenance, water and waste water treatment facilities, and recreational facilities; review plans, designs and costs of proposed projects; perform calculations relating to engineering problems; inspect construction and/or maintenance work; may perform plane surveys; and perform related work as required.
- Prepares civil engineering design for such projects as buildings, bridges, highways, dams, water storage and distribution systems, sewage systems, recreation facilities, etc. in accordance with sound engineering principles and practices, applicable regulations and technical specifications.
- The basic purpose of this work is to perform professional civil engineering duties including the planning, designing and inspection of construction and/or maintenance of structures and facilities.
- Prepares cost estimates of proposed projects using information from project records and other sources.
- Provide on-the-job training for inspectors, technicians and/or interns in such areas as regulatory matters, field activities, engineering assessment and safety procedures.
- Review records at the Records at the Ministry to obtain information needed in connection with engineering projects.
- Arrange and conduct liaison meetings and/or conferences to exchange technical information regarding such matters as planning and reviewing projects.
- Communicating with relevant people for administrative and non-administrative issues.
- Drafting and submitting relevant reports to concerned superiors.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- Applicable experience or successful track record with 2 to 4 years’ experience.
- Familiarity with project and construction engineering software.
- Familiarity relevant government rules, basic legal procedure construction.
- Good people skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: resume@HRLeverageAfrica.com