Transportation and Installation Engineer at HIL
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Transportation and Installation Engineer
Req ID: Req-1240
- Review of transportation and installation procedures and analysis including load out procedure, sea fastening analysis, lifting analysis, pipelay analysis, jumper and spool installation procedure and associated analyses, and mooring analysis
- Lead technical discussions with the CONTRACTOR, Marine Warranty Surveyor or other stakeholders
- Participate to various technical workshops including Risk Assessment workshops
- On an occasional basis, attend to activities on site or offshore
- Liaising with any onshore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Follow up on interfaces with other Company packages
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, OLT & SPS contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Working in cooperation and getting assistance from dedicated Team specialists (such as material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc …), or third parties, if required, for specific topics.
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used for reporting issue or for mitigation of future change order.
- Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary and issuing reports and presentations as necessary.
- A Graduate Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with M.Sc or equivalent, specialized in Mechanical and/or Naval Architecture Engineering.
- Good understanding of hydrodynamic, Metocean data and preferably hydrostatic
- Strong background in subsea installation engineer including installation of items such as pipelines/flexible, spools/jumpers and other structures.
- Strong background and experience in mooring design, calculation and hook ups
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea / Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to UFR EPCI projects.
- At least 3 years cumulative experience offshore on installation vessels
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes / standards and general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate including Compressed Air Emergency Breathing system (CABS) training
- Shall be in possession of a Department of Petroleum Resources Offshore Safety Passport
- Shall have a valid Residence Permit
- Installation Engineer, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online