Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator Job at IBEDC
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Distribution Substation Operator
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Highest Educational Qualification:
- OND – Electrical Engineering
Years of Experience:
- 0-3 years Work Experience
- Technical knowledge of power distribution networ
- Technical knowledge in Switchgear Operation.
- Computer literacy
- Safety and basic standard protection
- Good Communication skill
- Problem Solving
- Essential Computer (MS Office Applications)
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and System.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online