Human Resources/Administrative Officer Job at CPPA
The Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA), is an independent, non-partisan public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria, with a mission to “ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being and freedom and individual responsibility”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources/Administrative Officer
Human Resources Duties:
- Responsible for implementing all human resource policies and processes within the business by ensuring compliance of same by all employees;
- Provides required information and guidance to employees regarding HR processes and policies;
- Manages and maintains contracts, personnel files and other employee information;
- Manages the recruitment and selection process by liaising with necessary parties and coordinating the process;
- Manages correspondence with prospective hires and ensures feedback is given to all prospects;
- Coordinates the induction program by sending out invitations and notifications to people concerned;
- Facilitates the induction program and ensures new hire has all work tools required;
- Manages benefits program by liaising with service providers (e.g. HMO);
- Coordinates performance review process by sending out notices to managers and employees;
- Manages the curriculum vitae database and updates information;
- Coordinates and participates in the interview process for prospective hires;
- Edits and updates job descriptions based on changes or modifications to jobs;
- Ensures proper documentation of all employee files;
- Monitors daily staff attendance by investigating and understanding causes for staff absences.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the office;
- Receiving and delivery of office mails;
- Handles visa applications, ticketing and reservations for all air travels;
- Manages office all office assets such as laptops, printers
- Creates and manages office filing system;
- Ensures that the office is supplied with newspapers on a daily basis;
- Payment of utility bills;
- Identify vendors for the office and building the vendor list;
- Supervising other junior employees – cleaner and drivers;
- Management of website and general email;
- Identifying administrative policy documents needed by the company and writing the documents;
- Creates and maintains vendor database.
- Responsible for project administration
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Social Sciences or related field.
- Registered member of CIPM
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of Nigerian Law Labour
- Ability to adhere to principles and values
- Ability to work well with others
- Listening skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- At least two years’ post NYSC work experience in similar role
- Should not be above 30years.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Human Resources/Admin Officer”.