Marine Services Manager at Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Marine Services Manager
Req I D: Req-1263
Within this framework the job holder:
- Is the Marine Specialist acting for the subsidiary, authorising access to sites for all mobilised marine assets
- Ensures compliance by all maritime assets with all rules and standards in matters of safety, health and environment and in matters of chartering and maritime transport; he issues a catalogue of rules applicable and distributes and explains it to all users and updates it regularly
- Undertakes or instructs an annual audit / spot checks of all vessels, and undertakes or instructs an audit for each individual charter and for offshore marine support means
- Fulfil the role of expert for marine operations therefore he provides advice and expertise for specification of naval support, submarine inspections, marine and diving operations.
- Provides marine support to Drilling, Projects, Logistics, Subsea Engineers and other clients as required, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Manage and maintain customer relationships with Operations and Technical Services and to other departments as required.
- Responsible and administer various marine contracts, e.g. mooring equipment, Standby vessels, marine consultancy and ensuring availability of specialist services to Company
- Contribute to Call for Tender process, technical evaluation and selection of contractors, vessels and ensure that technical contractor selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and that safety assessment is a part of the selection process
- Responsible for the budget preparation and follow up.
- In charge of derogation request to LSO Headquarter
- In charge of request for OVID inspections to HQ and follow the OVID inspector.
- Liaise with logistics operations superintendent regarding Vessels & Marine operations and Vessels planning and unloading/loading operations
- Prepares and provides guidelines on approach for Offshore installations
- Ensures the preparation/supervision of rig/barges moves, and all other marine related operations, approving of anchor pattern and anchoring procedures as per Company Rules
- Participate in risk analysis for marine operations and analysis of incidents in the maritime domain.
- Expert in marine operations with at least 15 years of professional experience in positioning offshore drilling equipment and in oil and gas terminal operations, with knowledge of the operational constraints related to offshore activities
- An analytical mind, organisational rigour, holistic approach and tenacity
- STCW 95 Captain unlimited
- Master Mariner, Bachelors Degree in Nautical Studies or Engineer degree.
- Excellent knowledge of maritime assets used in offshore oil & gas operations and of international regulations in terms of the protection of life at sea, combating pollution, vessel operations and crew management
- The ability to adapt, to analyse problems and communicate with many entities; flexible and able to write instructions and inspection reports
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of office computing tools (Office).
- HSE, Marine Operations, Marine Superintendent, BSc, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production, QA/QC.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online