Entry-level Case Worker at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Case Worker
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Case Worker will be responsible for the collection of information needed to identify, register, analyze the needs of children at risk, including Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs), design the follow-up plan for each identified child and actively contribute in case management, collaborating with the other Case Workers and with the Community Support Case Workers to deal directly with the beneficiaries in the targeted areas.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and the Protection Officer, he/she:
- Collects the information needed to identify, registers, analyzes the needs of any child at risk, including UASC;
- Designs the case plan for the identified child at risk;
- Conducts registration and case management activities as assigned by the Case Worker Supervisor;
- Fills the standard forms of registration accurately for the case management and follow-up;
- Contributes in the success of the trainings for community leaders, also by accompanying them directly on the field;
- Joins actively the case management meetings and trainings to raise gaps and recommendations based on the daily work on the field;
- Supports the data-entry activities providing the proper information about each child at risk from the caseload;
- Communicates regularly with the Case Worker Supervisor for updates on achievements and challenges and any changes in the community’s social context and security status;
- Ensures that all documentation for Case management of Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs) and children at risk is conducted and filed according to required standards of data protection and confidentiality;
- Collects and documents success stories for reports;
- Adopts standard operating procedure (SOPs) for the Child Protection and case management system and data management protocols;
- Performs any other necessary action related to the position to achieve the objectives of the project and of COOPI in Nigeria if requested by the Team Leader
- Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Participate in the field work of the nutrition survey (impact assessment)
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Diploma in Education or other relevant field
- Prior experience (at least 1 year) working in complex emergency context as Case worker
- Fluency in English
- Good communicator, strong listening capacity, open minded, proactive and creative
- Respectful and inclusive of individual and cultural differences
- Significant experience involving work engaging people in and from community settings
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri)
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (max 3 pages), Cover Letter (max 1 page), Minimum three qualified reference contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org Specifying in the e-mail subject the job title also specifying the LGA of preference.
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.