Mining Engineer (Junior) at Mosra Enerji Limited
Mosra Enerji Limited (formally known as Dalkiranlar Enerji Limited) has been a market leader in energy transmission and distribution in Nigeria since 2010. In our few years of operations, we have expanded our capacity to undertake and deliver projects in Nigeria and other parts of Africa utilising our local strengths.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mining Engineer (Junior)
The Mining Engineer will have two principle areas of activity:
The first will be to provide mining related support and guidance to develop mining operations and their planned expansion projects. Working with the on-site teams, improvement and optimisation will be sought in the areas of reserve estimation, mine planning and scheduling, geotechnical analysis and ground support, mining method selection, mine project design, construction, operations and maintenance, cost efficiency and safety and environmental performance.
The company strives to achieve “world class” practice in its operations and the Group Mining Engineer will assist in identifying and benchmarking these external best practices and will recommend implementation across the operations.
The second area of activity will be to provide support to business and corporate development initiatives. This will involve a wide range of mining support varying from reviews of early stage projects to detailed and in-depth due diligence and valuation exercises on advanced projects or in-operation mines.
- Conduct investigations of mineral deposits and undertake evaluations in collaboration with geologists to determine whether the mineral deposits can be mined profitably
- Prepare mine designs ( preferably in Mine Planning software) and detailed mine plans including shafts, inclines, working and development panels, mine infrastructure for underground mines
- Prepare mine layout ( preferably in Mine Planning software), haul road design, dump design (both ore and waste), dump reclamation planning, mine closure planning for opencast mines
- Carry out equipment selection exercise for both underground and opencast mining projects and to arrive at the most optimum and cost effective choices of machinery.
- Work constructively with other disciplines so that high quality of deliverable and timely completion of the project is ensured
- Supervise the junior working engineers and other technical personnel who are working in the project
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated in the mine design and hence provide a value added service to the client
- Prepare and evaluate technical proposal documents that are to be sent to client
- Evaluate technical bids from third party vendors, conduct due diligence before selecting a particular vendor on behalf of the client.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of First Degree in Geology, Mining Engineering or other relevant fields.
- Good knowledge sector will be an added advantage.
- HSE Certification and other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Strong client relationship management and development aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in English communication, Prospecting, Negotiating and Analysis skills
- Minimum of 5 years Mining Engineering development experience in related industry with strong skills in Managing schedule, budget and the costing of the ongoing mining projects
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as ‘Mining Engineer-(Junior) position”.