Mining Engineer (Senior) at Mosra Enerji Limited
Mosra Enerji Limited (formally known as Dalkiranlar Enerji Limited) has been a market leader in energy transmission and distribution in Nigeria since 2010. In our few years of operations, we have expanded our capacity to undertake and deliver projects in Nigeria and other parts of Africa utilising our local strengths.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mining Engineer (Senior)
The Mining Engineer will have two principle areas of activity:
The first will be to provide mining related support and guidance to develop mining operations and their planned expansion projects. Working with the on-site teams, improvement and optimisation will be sought in the areas of reserve estimation, mine planning and scheduling, geotechnical analysis and ground support, mining method selection, mine project design, construction, operations and maintenance, cost efficiency and safety and environmental performance.
The company strives to achieve “world class” practice in its operations and the Group Mining Engineer will assist in identifying and benchmarking these external best practices and will recommend implementation across the operations.
The second area of activity will be to provide support to business and corporate development initiatives. This will involve a wide range of mining support varying from reviews of early stage projects to detailed and in-depth due diligence and valuation exercises on advanced projects or in-operation mines.
- Provide broad level mining advice to the team of junior engineers and other technical personnel working in the projects
- Monitoring and analysing the ongoing projects in mining in terms of their financial health and progress
- Evaluating the risks involved in the projects and taking necessary steps to mitigate them
- Managing schedule, budget and the costing of the ongoing mining projects
- Undertake due-diligence of the mining project opportunities so as to mitigate the risks that normally arise in projects
- Conduct investigations of mineral deposits and undertake evaluations in collaboration with geologists and economists to determine viability of the deposit.
- Provide trouble-shooting support to improve operational efficiencies
- Lead or work on a team to ensure projects are completed to time and budget, and to high quality standards
- Train and supervise Junior Engineers and Technicians and assist Supervisors in building an efficient work force
- Prepare and assist in professional or skill set development programs for the junior engineers and other technical personnel
- Ensuring that operations and equipment comply with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure statutory compliance in all mining operations
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of First Degree in Geology, Mining Engineering or other relevant fields.
- Good knowledge sector will be an added advantage.
- HSE Certification and other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Strong client relationship management and development aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in English communication, Prospecting, Negotiating and Analysis skills
- Minimum of 5 years Mining Engineering development experience in related industry with strong skills in Managing schedule, budget and the costing of the ongoing mining projects
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with subject as ‘Mining Engineer-(Senior) position”.