Mechanical Technician at an International Oil & Gas Group
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an international Oil & Gas group, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Job Reference: 1347
- To ensure safety of commissioning activities on yard and on site, by performing activities in respect with Company standing instruction and Work Permit instructions.
- To ensure that the work identified in the work permit is performed according to company specification.
- Performs on site the commissioning operations (test and check sheets ) which are placed under his responsibility.
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits)
- Witnessing of contractor pre-commissioning activities as defined by the supervisor.
- Raise and clear punch List items.
- Report any non-conformity to his Supervisor
- Report any non-conformity to the discipline Supervisor
- Reporting and progress follow up
- Report daily activities to the supervisor
- Minimum Qualification : Technician
- Education Level : High school or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study)
- Experience: 3 years in a similar position
- Mandatory Competences: English / Mechanical equipment testing
- Recommended Competences: Commissioning
- Petroleum: Have a basic understanding of facilities / process (from well to export). Be knowledgeable of hydrocarbons behaviour and associated risks (explosion, asphyxia…).
- Computer: Be able to produce a report using Microsoft Word; be able to perform simple calculation with Microsoft Excel. Have been introduced to the use of the internet and e-mails.
- Physics: Understanding and use of basic laws and units of physic (Newton’s law, forces, mass, energy…). Be knowledgeable of materials / steels characteristics (use, resistance, corrosion and its prevention).
- Be able to read and use drawings (P&ID’s, PFD’s, Isometrics), vendor documents (be able to determine tolerance and adjustment figures), name plate and data sheet.
- Be able to draw accurate sketches and item to scale.
- Understand the working principles of main mechanical equipment: filters, gear boxes, exchangers, air coolers, diesel engine, gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating pumps or compressors, common valves types (butterfly, gate, ball, cage and PSV) and hydraulic systems (cranes, HPU, pumps).
- Be fully familiar with lubrication requirements and the different type of lubricants.
- Know how to select, use and maintain all the mechanical hand tools (all types of keys, files, drills, callipers, taps…).
- Be able to use measuring tools (micrometer, vernier, gauges…), torque wrench and fastener.
- Be able to operate and maintain pneumatic drills or grinders.
- Be able to use workshop equipment (pedestal drill, hydraulic press…), in particular machining and tooling.
- Know how to use basic lifting gear (chain block, slings…). Be trained to complete simple / basic lifting operation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online