Project Driver Opening at the HIFASS
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) – Local OVC Partners in Nigeria-Region3 (LOPIN-3) is a five-year, PEPFAR/USA[D-funded project implemented in CrossRiver and Ebonyi States. The project works with all LGAs communities households and families where children who are orphaned or made; vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities. LOPIN-3 works within the so fill the following positions: context of overall goal of mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS on children and families’.
LOPIN-3 is premised on the application of tri-focus approach of community engagement. delivery of coordinated care and support services and capacity development for local organizations for better OVC management systems in the two States.
LOPIN-3 is implemented by a consortium of Nigerian organizations with Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) as the lead partner and others, including People-to-People Health Foundation. Nigeria, Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action Committee on AIDS (CAACA)and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki, Succour and Development Services Initiative (SUCCDEV) are interested in hiring qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Locations: Ebonyi and Cross River
- Serves as driver and logistics assistant for official activities.
- Carefully and responsibly drive official vehicle to and from various locations within Nigeria.
- S/he still provide daily preventive maintenance and routine check of official vehicles.
- Reports defects and malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Monitor expiration and renewal of driver’s and vehicle license.
- Ensures passengers fasten seat belts at all times.
Other Functions include:
- Complete daily checklist for the Project vehicles
- Prepare monthly report on Vehicles performance
- Provide office logistics assistant for the project when necessary
- Log all movements in the mileage logbook and ensure passengers sign ofl’on arrival
- Airport pick and drop off
- Ensure prompt services and maintenance of the Project Vehicle before due date
- Perform all other duties as assigned bythe supervisor
- Minimum of 5-10 years driving experience
- Mast possess valid professional driver’s license
- Evidence of post primary education and training in security, Defensive driving, vehicle operation / maintenance is required
- General knowledge and familiarly of the Nigerian national road network.
- Experience in similar position with a multilateral organization (e.g. UN agencies) and/or bilateral organization (e.g. International/Local implementing partners) will be of advantage
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the position and choice of location as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates.