Head, Internal Audit Position at Proten International
Proten International – Our client, an indigenous aviation firm, that specializes in the leasing of aircraft for local operators is in Nigeria, is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
- Manage the Internal Audit function of the Company
- Ensure that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the Company’s internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of Management
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls through the development of an annual programme of audit review
- Report the result of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising.
- Perform follow-up actions by ensuring that management works within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate
- Provide an independent challenge to the business view of risk as articulated via the framework.
- Promote risk management best practice across the Company
- Bachelor’s Degree/Higher National Diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- Relevant professional certifications such as ACA, CISA, ACCA
- Interested candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or auditing.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or other relevant fields
- 5-10 years relevant experience in Internal Audit in a large organization or financial services firm, 3 years of which should be at manager level
- Have a flexible approach and the ability to make decisions quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and outlook
- Must be able to motivate
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s with with subject “Head, Internal Audit” to: firstname.lastname@example.org