Technical Assistant, Clinical Services at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Assistant, Clinical Services
- With the State coordinator and the Technical Officer from the coordinating team, the Technical Assistant- clinical Services will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality L.G.A. level (both at health facility and Community level) HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/HIV, TB, HCT and other services at the state level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination, implementation of LGA scale up and daily monitoring of the operational teams to achieve on the 90:90:90 assigned targets in the priority LGAs
- Facilitate the efficient cART drive, ensuring quantitative, qualitative and retentive deliverables are achieved
- Saturate assigned wards in LGAs with HIV service interventions through household coverage and population access
- Strengthening effective referrals and linkages between facility and priority LGAs in the target drive
- Conduct same day evaluation and enrollment of all patients who test HIV positive
- Ensure same day ART initiation for eligible pregnant women and general populations
- Work with field case managers and community structures to strengthening referrals and linkages for health facility and community level services.
- Ensure timely daily ART/PMTCT updates are provided to the state cART coordinating team including success stories, reports, logistics supply, commodities and community daily service summaries.
- Attend to other duties assigned by supervising leads.
Health Facility Level:
- Support the optimization of comprehensive HIV & PMTCT services in the facility by instituting 80% PITC and maximized initiation, retention and VL suppression rates
- Support the QI capacity of providers in utilizing data analysis for program improvement
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS with a minimum of 1 year post national youth service experience in clinical care,
- Registered Nurse /Midwife with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB and TBHIV technical areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Experience in integrated HIV care delivery
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections especially at designated communities where HIV services would be conducted
- Fluency in written and spoken English communication. Fluency in local dialect and language of host community would be an added advantage
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, excel, power point and Outlook at minimum
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online