Program/Project Officer – (ACSM) Opening at CRS
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program/Project Officer – Advocacy, Communication, and Social Mobilization (ACSM)
Advert code: POACSM171117
Department: Global Fund Malaria Program
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party – GF Malaria
Duration: 3 years
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries.
- In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and will assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2017.
- As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2018 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 7 states.
- CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services in all the 13 GF supported states.
- Therefore, we are seeking for a qualified individual to occupy the position of Program/Project Officer – Advocacy Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM). Please see job description below.
- The Program/Project Officer – ACSM will provide technical oversight for advocacy, communication and social mobilization activities for malaria case management, as well as malaria prevention interventions, including Intermittent Preventive Treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) and Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets.
- S/he will provide support to the ACSM Sub Recipient (SR), and will liaise with counterparts in Federal and State Ministries of Health to ensure adherence to national strategies and guidelines for malaria prevention.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support the ACSM SR in ensuring the Global Fund Malaria Program strategic objectives for malaria prevention and case management ACSM are fully accomplished, with respect to agreed quality programming
- Provide technical oversight in the planning and coordination of malaria prevention and ACSM activities in 13 GF supported states, ensuring activities are implemented on schedule and meet relevant international and national guidelines
- Provide oversight function to SRs in the design and implementation of effective advocacy, communication and social mobilization (ACSM) strategies, tailoring strategies to different audiences
- Provide oversight function to SRs in the design of an advocacy plan for the Global Fund malaria program, identifying strategies to engage, influence and mobilize different constituencies, including political, business, religious and community leaders in the fight against malaria in Nigeria
- Provide oversight function to SRs in the roll out and dissemination of updated job-aids for malaria prevention at the facility and community levels.
- Provide overall oversight on quality assurance for trainings and technical assistance provided by SRs to health facilities and community-oriented resource persons (CORPs)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Provide oversight to the ACSM SR in ensuring progress towards achieving the relevant key performance indicator(s)
- Provide support and oversight to the implementation of Post Campaign SBCC intervention
- In collaboration with SR staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to the GF supported states
- Work closely with relevant partners and various stakeholders to ensure that lessons learned are incorporated; identify solutions to address challenges and weaknesses
- Coordinate closely with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Ministries of Health to plan ACSM and malaria prevention activities and ensure that the national guidelines are being appropriately and consistently applied.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders (including NMEP), to develop and use standard tools for monitoring grant implementation
- Represent CRS at relevant technical working group meetings and other meetings generally, sectoral meetings and coordination forums
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships
- Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- Global Fund’s Fund Portfolio Manager and Nigeria Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
Agency Wide Competences (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Qualifications and Skills
- First degree/HND in a relevant field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in malaria programming
- Demonstrated experience in Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization
- Good Interpersonal Communication (IPC) skills
- Familiarity with current strategies and best practices for Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written communication skills); strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50% and out of the country up to 10%
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to:email@example.com indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and advert code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g Job Title -POACSM171117).
- CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation