Head, Institutional Trusts and Loan Agency at Stanbic IBTC
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Institutional Trusts and Loan Agency
Job ID: 28668
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- To manage the Group’s Loan Agency & Security Trustee functions to ensure seamless syndicated loan arrangements Also involves acting as Trustees to collective investment schemes, Bonds and other trust schemes established for companies.
Manage Trust and Loan Agency Unit team:
- Communicate with Arrangers, Lawyers and the Deal teams on reviewing and agreeing draft term sheets and loan documentation from Agency & Security Trustee perspectives with a view to ascertaining compliance and reporting obligations.
- Engage with the different parties’ pre and post financial close to ensure a smooth closure including meeting of agreed Conditions Precedent, Deferred Conditions and Conditions subsequent.
- Co-ordinate and lead event driven calls with Lenders/Lawyers and borrowers including the arranging of meetings involving the various stakeholders – syndicate of lenders/borrower.
- Responsible for primary syndication including the review and sign-off of documentation and system/record updates in relation to any secondary debt trade/transfers.
- Provide fee quotes for new Agency and Security Trustee roles.
- Monitor adherence to the loan market standard and syndicated market practices by all within the Unit.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new transactions immediately after Financial close (including KYC & KYB) and the set-up of agency systems and on the loan operations system – re debt domain, syndicated agency module etc..
Oversee Regulatory Compliance:
- Oversee overall process compliance with established policies and controls as well regulatory guidelines in areas of the business that are regulated by the SEC.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with compliance, legal and risk management to enable effective governance
- Supervise compliance with regulatory guidelines i.e.. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Manage all Stakeholder Engagements:
- Interact with internal parties (like HSS Risk, LGA, RMs)and external parties (like lawyers, intermediaries) and attend to procedural and administrative matters pertinent to the role, with reference to the department’s and the Bank’s policy and procedure.
- Reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
- CIB, Investment Banking; Partner with them to better serve the customer providing the range of services that Stanbic IBTC Trustees offers
- Stanbic IBTC Holdings; leverage and collaborate to ensure transaction documents and agreements are adequate.
- Capital Market Operators; Manage the relationship
- Regulatory authorities; Manage the relationship
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies or Law
- Advanced/Professional Degree or Professional Qualification in Organisational Governance or relevant discipline is desirable.
- Strong Analytical/Numeric skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Loan Market Association Certification.
- Working knowledge of both local & international laws and regulations governing trust and loan
Experience At least:
- 7-10 years experience in Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Trusts with at least 4 years’ experience in a leadership position
- 3-4 years in Risk Management/ Compliance Mgmt & Personal Banking with at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership position
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online