Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser- REACH Project at Save the Children
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser- REACH Project
- The primary objective of the post holder is to develop and implement an M & E framework that will maintain accountability standards and ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and learning of the REACH programme in Northern Nigeria.
- The post holder will develop and adapt M&E tools/approaches, build the capacity of the M& E Officers, provide support and guidance to the REACH Project team clearly define M&E functions across the project states.
- The post holder will guide teams in achieving outcome/impact focused on REACH project and accountability to beneficiaries, local government and non-government partners in line with Save the Children’s and donor compliance requirements
Key Areas of Accountability
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and implement a framework for monitoring REACH programme including: rapid assessment and baseline tools, project specific monitoring tools, approaches, staff and team responsibilities and frequency of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Develop clear, systematic and feasible monitoring plans for the project, based on project logframe (including data collection-frequency and data management)
- Support REACH project staff to collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and collate/organize data received for reporting purposes
- Assist in data quality assurance and compliance with reporting requirements and their timely submission.
- Support field managers in conducting regular reviews of the project and ensure there is a clear process for staff/teams to raise concerns over programme progress and quality
- Supervise/oversee ARSH programme monitoring activities
- Ensure that the project complies with SCI MEAL standard operating procedures including: the global quality framework, Global Initiative requirements, total reach and the advocacy measurement tool.
- Support the Deputy PDQ Director bringing together data and findings from the project to form a coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and strategy development.
Work closely with the Accountability Advisor to:
- Ensure that accountability to beneficiaries becomes a core element and success indicator for the REACH program activities.
- Build on progress to date on integrating accountability to beneficiaries (and particularly children) within programmes through supporting the establishment of feedback mechanisms and producing information materials in a way which mainstreams accountability in the programme.
- Assess how beneficiaries can best be involved at every stage of the programme cycle.
- Develop regular trend analysis of complaints on the programme.
Work closely with the Knowledge Management Advisor to:
- Promote learning , particularly on issues of programme quality and advocacy
- Ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and are incorporated into programme implementation and design.
- Regularly produce and report on best practices and case studies.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with PDQ teams and programme staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate degree in development, related social science or programme M&E
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing and implementing M&E systems
- Previous experience of working on large scale programmes in development contexts
- Previous experience in leading teams and building M&E team capacity (developing training tools, training, coaching and mentoring)
- Experience of using statistical software.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online