Project Coordinator at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- Coordinate the deployment/integration of Networks Nodes (Circuit Switch Core, Packet Core, Fixed Network, RAN, IN & VAS), expansions and upgrades across MTN Nigeria Network.
- Coordinating the complete Core Rollout Process, indicating the various activity variables, resources and the responsible parties Organize and hold regular project and work group meetings, motivate staff, manage conflicts and crisis.
- Monitoring and Tracking of all Core Network Nodes from PPOE, RFQ through the PR and PO, RFS, delivery to MTN Warehouse, I&C to RFI stage.
- Liaising with Vendors (Ericsson and Huawei, Emerson) on issues bordering around core network equipment and implementation
- Coordinating the various internal work groups (Core Planning, VAS Planning, Transmission, Power and IP) involved in the integration of all MTN Nigeria Core & BSS Nodes.
- Plan project progress while defining sub goals, milestones and tasks, time and resource planning
- Assist in planning and specification analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the Project design/solutions documents
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (Orders, Vendors, RFI,), track responses and advice the Project Manager of the status of Projects.
- Identify and Manage Risks associated with Projects and Programs managed by the CNI
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by the Project Manager.
- Managing the 3 Project Constrains – Cost, Schedule and Scope.
- Capex must be within budget:
- Ensure Variation Orders are minimal for the Core Rollout.
- Ensure Minimal inventory cost bordering basically on impairment of core materials.
- Core Node Rollout Cost should be within budget (Costs include: cost of vendor’s rework and cost of resolving integration related faults).
- Ensure quarterly reconciliation of COCs
- Monthly Rollout Targets must be met:
- Ensure Minimal delay of rollout support activities on core projects.
- Minimal impact of transmission related issues to the Core Rollout.
- Ensure Monthly Rollout Efficiency.
- Ensure minimal or nil Carry Over of Monthly targets.
- Minimal impact of errors from input requirements to Core Rollout.
- Quality of Implementation must be to defined standard:
- Ensure that all node compliance specifications are adhered to via the facilitators.
- Ensure Completeness and standard material order for the entire rollout program.
- Adhere to quality delivery of Core Node at ATP.
- Tool of trade vehicle provided
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regular National travels
Experience & Training
- B.Eng. in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering or related field from a reputable institution.
- Switching Experience
- Project Management training/certification
- Requisite training in team building and relationship management is desirable.
- Good Presentation Skills
- In depth knowledge of GSM
- 5 years’ experience with GSM Switching Operations
- In-depth understanding of Telco infrastructure and processes.
- Project Management Experience is required.
- Basic Knowledge of Project Financing.
- Ability to suggest solutions to project risks problem. Work with vendors at arriving and implementing solutions identified.
- Project Management experience is required
- Demonstrate continuous effort to carry out project seamlessly within scope, budget and schedule.
- GSM Switching
- GSM BSS Basics
- Project Management Training.
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online