Secretary Vacancy at the African Development Bank
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
Department: Nigeria Country Department (RDNG)
Supervisor: Senior Director, RDNG
RDNG – Objective
- The Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank and the Government and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- RDNG invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Secretary.
- This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall administrative authority of the Senior Director for the Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) and the day to day direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer the main responsibilities of the Secretary will be:
- Preparation of letters for dispatch. That is, scanning, photocopying, binding bulk documents and addressing;
- Filling: filling of letters, projects and documents in their respective files at the Director’s office;
- Flight Bookings and creating staff missions in SAP;
- Organizing Internal Meetings: organizing internal meetings in terms of room allocation, provision of tea, coffee, water and snack as well as welcoming/registration of participants. Informing the concerned parties like Security and Protocol about the coming of visitors for parking and protocols to be observed;
- External Meetings: organizing external meetings, workshops, training, conferences and seminars. This entails getting quotations from hotels, doing a summary and forwarding to the organizers for necessary approvals; getting contracts signed by both parties; preparing materials for the workshop such as badges, printing programmes/agenda, presentations; sending invitation, calling and following upon confirmations;
- Providing logistical support in the workshop, setting up banners, registration desk, signing of meal vouchers, payment of per diema and eventually reconciliation of the accounts and payments;
- Distribution of mails and documents within the office;
- Purchase of office requisitions and store keeping.
- Ensuring up to date records of all the items in stock;
- Management of the office stores, ensuring all requisitions are issued and updated promptly in the prescribed excel spreadsheet;
- Receive, scan and submit in Bill Tracking System (BTS) all financial documents for payment processing;
- Back up for the Senior Director’s Secretary in case of absence from office;
- Perform any other task as may be assigned
Requirements (including desirable skills, knowledge and experience)
- Certification in professional Secretarial or Business Management or Office Management or Public Relations qualifications;
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in Secretarial and office management preferably with a multinational organization
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems;
- Good filling and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of French language will be added advantage.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Term of Employment
6 months contract renewal based on performance and budget availability.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter, a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any supporting documents electronically to: Recruit_RDNG@AFDB.org
- Applications received in hard copy will not be assessed.
- Only applicants who already have the right to live and work in Nigeria will be considered for this position. The bank does not support applications for work permits and relocation.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted.
- The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level.
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process.