Administrative and Research Intern Role at (GIZ) GmbH
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Research Intern
Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME)
- The Global Programme „Programme Migration for Development“ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented by the Centre for Migration and Development (CIM) – a joint operation of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the Federal Employment Agency.
- The overarching objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries.
- The operational focus of the component “Migration Advice” is to provide counselling services pertaining to legal routes of migration to Germany to people interested in emigrating as well as to returning migrants. Additionally, counselling services and information on vocational and educational perspectives and employment opportunities in the country of question will be given.
- For this purpose, counselling services are tailored to each migrant individually and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme intends to also provide tailored support and qualification measures.
- Its offers therefore include qualification workshops (e.g. job placement trainings). The services are established to ensure that the country’s target groups are reached, which are comprised of returning migrants as well as citizens who are interested in emigrating and/or career advice.
- To this end, the intention is to build upon the structure of the “Migrationsberatungszentrum” (Migration Advice and Reintegration Centre) and to extend its operation.
- The position holder will work under the overall guidance and general supervision of the National Coordinator, Nigeria-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Senior Migration and Reintegration Advisors and under the supervision of the National Coordinator, the Administrative & Research Intern will perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to the overall research and policy analysis on migration context and trends in Nigeria.
- Contribute to the review, preparation of relevant reports and documents including detailed summaries, research notes and briefing
- Assist with desk-based task and related research assistance for migration policy advice by the Centre
- Assist with the conduct and preparation of internal and external migration research request to the Centre.
- Assist with the development of research project documentation such as concept notes and project reporting.
- Profiling and documentation of returnees’ data
- Research and document information/news on migration issues and migration trend in Nigeria both on the print and socio media.
- Contribute in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports for the Centre
- Provide administrative assistance
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the National Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Excellent research, writing, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent editing skills (Desirable)
- Excellent team-working and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, officials and civil societies
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of migration and development (Desirable)
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using “Administrative and Research Intern” as subject of the mail. Note
- This position is ONLY opened to National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) members just starting their youth service year.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.