Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase Officer
Location: Maiduguri, (Borno State) with movements inside the state
Probationary Period: 1 month
Delocalized Status & Benefits: N/A
Contract Duration: 3 months, subject to renewal upon available donor funding.
Mission/Objectives: Purchase Officer
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The purchase officer carries out the purchases for the programs and structure at mission level.
- He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarites International purchase procedures.
- He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
List of principal activities:
- Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders
- Training: Ordinary National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, Logistic, Business Administration or equivalent
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Hausa is a plus
- IT skills : Microsoft software practise (word, Excel)
- Professional experience: purchase and procurement, experience with NGO is a plus.
- Personal qualities : dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, meticulous.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
To Solidarites International office at:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
Attention: Abdul Raouf Naimzadah.
- Solidarites International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.