CAC Shelter – Nurse at the Cece Yara Foundation
The Cece Yara Foundation is an operational non-profit organization set up to promote Child Protection and prevent Child Sexual Abuse in Nigeria. Our mission is to strengthen child protection and prevent child sexual abuse in Nigeria.
We focus on preserving the joyfulness of an innocent childhood by preventing abuse and upholding the rights of the child as enshrined in the Nigerian Child Rights Act and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CAC Shelter – Nurse
Reports to: CAC Shelter Matron
- The post holder will be accountable to the Assistant Director CAC.
- The CAC Shelter Matron will be responsible for all staff working within or from the Shelter as identified by the Assistant Director CAC.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing the quality of care received by victims of child sexual abuse through direct and indirect patient care, professional and public education, consultation, development of standards and protocols, interdisciplinary collaboration, and research.
Context of the Post
- The CAC Shelter will provide short term shelter to children and their non-offending families where the case management plan indicates this to be the most suitable intervention.
- Therefore, emotional sustainability, sound partnership practice, verbal and written communication techniques, the ability to form lasting relationships, commitment to working issues through, to be tenacious in working with children and families through establishing small achievable targets are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a 24 hour on-call nurse for the CAC and shelter.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that professional practice in the team is carried out to the highest standards and developed in line with the CAC Shelter stated objectives of continual improvement in quality of its services.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the Health and Safety policy, organisation arrangements and procedures as they related to areas, activities and personnel under your control are understood, implemented and monitored.
- Ability to assess patient status and take appropriate action
- Ability to work independently
Computer Skills Required:
- Must have experience with MS Office, registry and/or database experience preferred and experience with electronic health records preferred.
- All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during the course of their work.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: This post is non-residential.